The Master of Arts in Practical Theology (MAPT) offered by Pfeiffer University is a degree for adults seeking to serve God and their neighbors in a variety of ways. Students may choose a specialization in Christian Education and Age Level Ministries; Church Administration; Missions and Evangelism; and, through a partnership with Carolinas HealthCare System, Pastoral Care and Counseling.
- Classes are offered in weekly, weekend and intensive formats as well as online, giving you the options needed to continue a career while pursuing your degree.
- The discipline of practical theology combines practical ministry with academically rigorous theological reflection, equipping you for leadership in churches and society, enhancing your preparation for ministry and beyond.
- Classes are conducted in an intimate learning environment with students and professors from diverse backgrounds and life experience.
- The MAPT degree continues to offer specializations in Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry within the CE/Age Level Ministry track.
- Pfeiffer University’s Center for Deacon Education is partnered with Wesley Theological Seminary to offer all of the basic graduate theological studies required for the UMC Deacon track.
- Through the MAPT degree program and the Center for Deacon Education, you may complete over 32 semester hours fulfilling the requirements for the Advance Course of Study in the United Methodist Church.
- Students seeking denominational certification may register as a non-degree student. Approved certification tracks for United Methodists include Christian Education, Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry and Spiritual Formation.
- Most students qualify for financial aid and scholarships.