Set your own pace for achievement by taking advantage of our flexible classroom scheduling and online course offerings.
- You'll learn in small classes with students from diverse backgrounds.
- In addition to our affordable tuition, financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Gain the leadership and interpersonal skills to direct and develop human resources, including conflict resolution, group dynamics, and diversity management.
- The program is carefully designed to encompass all sectors of healthcareâ€”hospitals, ambulatory care, mental health, public health, practice management, government policy, long term care, managed care, and insurance.
- The program provides international experiences in Europe, Africa, and Canada.
- Classes use lecture and small group study as well as the case-study method, which teaches you to identify and solve managerial problems in real business contexts.
- Courses also emphasize developing a sense of responsibility and ethics.
- With classes offered at our convenient Charlotte and Triangle campuses, as well as online, this program is ideal for working professionals.
Admission is granted to MHA/MSL applicants who satisfy ALL of the criteria stated below:
- an earned baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory grade point average (GPA) from an accredited college or university.
- three letters of recommendation.
- satisfactory completion of either the (1) Miller Analogies Test (MAT), (2) Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), (3) Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or another standardized graduate admissions test. This requirement is waived for applicants who have earned a previous graduate degree from an accredited institution. The graduate entrance assessment requirement must be satisfied prior to beginning graduate studies.
Curriculum Requirements - 63 Semester Hours
MHA Curriculum Requirements - 42 Semester Hours
All MHA/MSL students must satisfactorily complete a eleven (11) course core health service curriculum which includes:
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MHA 710 Contemporary Health Administration
- MHA 715 Legal and Ethical Perspectives in Health Administration
- MHA 720 Health Services Marketing
- MHA 725 Health Services Policy
- MHA 730 Health Economics
- MHA 738 Healthcare Human Resources Management
- MHA 740 Health Services Financial Management
- MHA 742 Operations Management and Quality in Healthcare
- MHA 776 Comparative International Health
- MHA 777 Comparative International Study
- MHA 790 Practicum in Health Administration
- MHA 795 Applied Research in Health Administration
- MHA 799 Strategic Health Services Management
MSL Curriculum Requirements - 21 Semester Hours
All MHA/MSL students must satisfactorily complete a seven (7) course core leadership and change curriculum which includes:
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 715 Critical Thinking for Continuous Improvement or MSL 720 Managing a Diverse Workforce
- MSL 730 Human Resource Management
- MSL 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
- MSL 751 Strategies for Building High Performance Organizations and Teams